Friday, October 31, 2008

Still Here

I’ve been inexcusably lax in posting here the past week or so, mainly because I’ve been tied up with pesky errands and projects resulting from my recent relocation back to Virginia from South Carolina. The dust is finally settling on that move, however, so I hope to be more diligent from now on.

It has occurred to me that anyone who was drawn to this blog by my philosophical divagations might find it a little startling when I suddenly post a stock market chart and analyze it. So I thought I’d mention that this isn’t my first blog. From last April until mid-September, I maintained a finance blog for The Post and Courier of Charleston, S.C., where I was assistant business editor the past five years.

That blog is still archived there, and anyone who’s interested can browse the postings. For example, I expressed some thoughts back in July on the unfolding financial crisis, the bear market in stocks and the fundamental inadequacy of the U.S. government’s response. And for anyone who thinks U.S. corporations are too heavily taxed, there’s this entry.

I'll be back with some fresh stuff soon.

No comments: